This 2300sq ft lateral apartment is East West facing white stucco period building. This three bedroom apartment occupied the top two floors of the building.
The flat offers a point in the flat that offer a 360 degree view on Onslow Square and the back of Pelham Crescent.
The interior offers great combination of warm colours and finishes. The furniture in this apartment is from B&B Italia and that makes it contemporary but comfortable.
The houses were built by Charles James Freake, on land belonging to the Smith’s Charity Estate. His building agreement with the trustees of the charity stipulated that they should be stuccoed, and constructed to elevational designs and specifications provided by the trustees’ architect and surveyor, George Basevi. The first four houses in the square, numbers 1,3,5, and 7, were begun in September 1845, and were occupied by 1847. The whole square was completed by 1865.
After the building of the first four houses, and Basevi’s sudden death in 1845, the style of the houses diverged from the agreed designs, using exposed grey stock brick, with only the dressings being of stucco.