Luxury Interior Design For Smaller Apartments
Small apartments are very desirable as they are normally more affordable. The challenges for The Living Concept for small apartments is visualizing how this relatively small interior is going to be completed as both luxurious, practical and stylish.
Standard furniture arrangements will not work and will limit the use of space and therefore how a person interacts with the interior. The space required around conventional furniture will cause tremendous restrictions but with professional assistance this does not have to be the case. The help of a specialist such as The Living Concept with plenty of experience in maximizing the space available is priceless here.
The Living Concept designed a flat in Kensington that delivered the ultimate luxurious one bedroom apartment. The result was both luxurious and sexy – here is how:
Fitting a Luxury Interior to a Smaller Apartment
- A low-level wall separated the fully fitted kitchen and the dining room.
- A bespoke 1.5m wide tropical fish tank on top of this wall creates a colourful feature that can be seen from its three exposed sides, practically it can be admired from many parts of the apartment.
- A self-feeding mechanism provides very low maintenance but at the same time it gives the pleasure to be in the company of a variety of colourful fish. This is great Feng Shui.
- A canti-levered Carrara marble corner bench around the circular Knoll dining table allows for a dining area for up to 6 people.
- A built-in sofa with bespoke Fadini Borghi upholstery creates a fantastic reception room which is great both for relaxation and entertainment.
- The best use of space in a flat of this size is not to have free standing wardrobes but have a walk-in wardrobe instead. This walk-in wardrobe can be designed bespoke to match your specific requirements. You will be surprised how much can be stored and how much tidier your bedroom will be!
- The shower room can be very practical if we fit a corner quadrant shower tray and a built-in vanity unit. The use of mosaic tiles can look great here and it will give a sense of greater space.
Creating Special Atmosphere for a Small Apartment
Great atmosphere can be created by locating some niches as focal points. This will create great displays for beautiful design books and sculptures. These will look great both in colour or black and white. These can be colourfully lit as you we want to achieve the WOW factor.
Creating atmosphere can again be achieved through clever placement of the sound system. A subwoofer can be hidden in one of the fitted pieces of furniture; this, in combination with 5 ceiling speakers, will deliver the perfect surround sound. Regarding watching television a screen tilting mechanism allows for viewing options to be seen from multiple locations.
Last but not least, a low-level wall can be fitted to separate the super king size bed and a beautiful KOS under mounted bath. The bath area is up-lit with colour changing fibre optics and the change in colour is great for Feng Shui, especially if you set the colour changing mood in the hues of blue. The whole result creates a wonderful space to live in even for a smaller apartment.
Need Help Transforming Your Small Apartment?
If you are considering transforming your apartment then get in touch with Annabella and her team. She can come and meet with you and discuss ideas personal to what makes a special place for you. Call 0845 262 3456 or use the contact form on this page to get in touch today.